I love television. The shows, the stories, the characters. I get very emotionally attached to the characters, so if anyone dies I am a little devastated. With that said, here's the list of my favorites.
1. Doctor Who - I have watched from 2005 until now, and fell for the 9th Doctor right away. It's a fantastic show, and the top of my list. The rest is really in no particular order, but this one had to go at the top!
2. Firefly - Only 14 episodes (and a movie, but we're talking TV shows), 1 season, and a huge cult following. Firefly is a space western with tons of heart and even more sarcasm! Plus, Nathan Fillion. Need I say more?
3. The Walking Dead - The ultimate in zombie shows, TWD isn't one I liked...at first. My husband got me involved in it, and The Talking Dead made me curious about the show. One week and two seasons on Netflix later, and I was well and truly a TWD fan, just in time for the third season to start! Now I'm waiting for the fourth season mid-season premiere, and my patience wears thin.
4. Bones - I'm a bit of a geek. More than a bit. So all the science aspects of this show just really float my boat. Plus, I love the combination of emotional alpha male and intellectual alpha female. I also might have a crush on Angie.
5. Power Rangers - Okay, okay, I know. Kids show. But I grew up watching it, and Power Rangers was my first real exposure to romance with non-cartoon characters. I still like most incarnations of the show, and yes, I watch it on Netflix!
6. Sailor Moon - Another show I grew up watching, it's worth watching over and over and over again. The subbed, not the dubbed, because really, cousins? I'm super excited for the reboot of the anime that premieres this July!
7. Profiler - I don't know if anyone else remembers this show, but I freaking loved it. It was on Court TV when I tuned in, and it enthralled and spooked the hell out of me. There's something about spooky that I still really like.
8. Scandal - This show is genius! Olivia is one of my favorite characters, I am a little in psycho-love with Huck, and the plot twists never stop coming.
9. American Dad - Another show my husband got me to like. I never, ever enjoyed this show before. I also like Family Guy, and even The Cleveland Show, but American Dad is my favorite. I really like Roger as a character, and his snarky humor.
10. Charmed - A show all about witches. When this first came out, there wasn't anything else like it on TV. I was instantly addicted, and this is one of the shows that I watched with my Mama a lot, so it reminds me of her whenever I tune in.
11. Queer as Folk (US) - I started watching this when I was 16 and we actually had Showtime for a few months. It wasn't my first introduction to LGBT, by any means, but I enjoyed the characters, and that there was a TV show that catered to people kinda sorta like me (pansexual).
12. How It's Made - Again, I love to see how things work. This show is practically hypnotizing for me, and I will watch for 3 hours before realizing how much time has passed.
13. Criminal Minds - Another mystery show, heavy on the psychology and investigation into what makes humans tick. A majority of the episodes fascinate me, and I really love the characters. I also completely 'ship Reid/Morgan.
There you have it! My favorite TV shows for all the world to see. What about you guys? What shows had stories, characters, or settings that drew you in?