Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
This year, I really want to bone up on some writing skills. I want to find better outlining methods, learn more about the psychology behind stories, and much more! So today, here's a list of the writing books that I would like to read and utilize this year! First I'll go over the ones I own, then the ones I plan to purchase.
1. Wired for Story by Lisa Cron - Owned
2. Outlining Your Novel by K.M. Weiland - Owned
3. Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Brown and Dave King - Owned
4. Goal, Motivation, Conflict by Debra Dixon - Owned
5. Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine - Owned
6. Write Every Day by Cathy Yardley - Owned
7. Rock Your Plot by Cathy Yardley - Owned
8. Tips for Authors by Alice Anderson - Owned
9. Structuring Your Novel by K.M. Weiland - Not owned
10. On Writer's Block by Victoria Nelson - Not owned
11. The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman - Not owned
12. The Negative Trait Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman - Not owned
13. The Positive Trait Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman - Not owned
Well, there they are! Books I have and books on my wish list that I can add to my Writer's Toolbox. Any writers out there with other favorites or recommendations? I'd very much like to hear about them!